5.07.2007

Cass McCombs, I take it back

Don Pedro's in Brooklyn, Saturday night - Cinco de Mayo. Maybe my expectations were too high. A more accurate indication of my impressions of the artist that night is that the recordings are just too good to match.

If you read the prior post, you can tell my closing in on obsession. Now its damaged, I must say. I saw hints of his transcending voice, but only that. The music was opening band worthy. The acoustics werent conducive. Things didnt go as deep inside you as you might hope for. As I hoped for.

Maybe it would have gone better with a sweet womanly figure with me - rather than 2 drunk friends asking me for money to buy more beer.

Cass had a 2 guitarists and a drummer with him. No one came out and claimed the performance for themselves. All that really sparkled was the glimpse of his voice.



His next record, I'm in. And I still love to listen to the older records. But as for future live shows, I will wait to go home till I listen to the voce again. Feliz Cinco de Mayo

No comments: