4.20.2007

Cass McCombs, Manic Crooner

I've been following this artist for about 3 years now. It was one of his first singles, "I went to the Hospital" that got me hooked.

It is hard to get the entire impression of him by just going to his album and being digital with his music (picking one and done). Try sitting in a room, and non-stopping an album. Its hard not to feel strong inside after listening. Not patti smith strong. comfort strong. what?

His original site had drawings that people made and sent to him. His new site says fire in the hole. yes it does. This is the misdirection in obscurity that I cannot get enough of. Is it only me that he does this for? I hope not, but wouldnt be surprised.

I am suddenly realizing the similarities to Radiohead that my friends have mentioned. that soft sweet puffy lipped drawl.

Cass McCombs is playing 3 dates in NYC in the next month

May 3 2007 2:30P Canal Room, Tribeca Film Festival New York
May 5 2007 8:00P Don Pedro's Brooklyn
May 6 2007 8:00P Mercury Lounge New York

See you at the last two.

Is it just me, or are you getting seriously tired of linking to youtube?


A - Prefection

No comments: